To start, simply wash and scrub the potato. If you want more nutrients and fiber delivered at mealtime, leave the skin on.
- For a crispy skin, rub olive oil or butter on before baking.
- Pierce the skin with a fork. Then bake at 425º F for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Cut baking time in half by skewering with an aluminum baking pin.
- For a crispier potato, don’t use foil. If you prefer a moist potato, then wrap in foil.
- Use the right potato—a Russet is best—and don’t overbeat.
- Try leaving the skins on for added nutritional value.
- To save time, use leftover baked potatoes instead of boiled.
- Add minced, cooked vegetables, herbs, cheese, or sour cream.